Top ten reasons to purchase and eat local strawberries from Van Meter Family Farms in Clarkson, Kentucky
- Local berries don’t taste like styrofoam!
- Strawberries are versatile! You can make delicious strawberry treats like coconut vegan ice cream!
- Strawberries are bright red, juicy, and sweet.
- Strawberries are healthy! They support the immune system, very important now during our COVID-19 crisis.
- They’re an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain decent amounts of folate (vitamin B9) and potassium. Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds, which may have benefits for heart health and blood sugar control.
- These berries are not sprayed with dangerous herbicides and pesticides.
- You are helping Van Meter Family Farm and supporting a rural Kentucky community.
- Local food may be safer because it is handled less than conventional food from far away.
- Lower your carbon footprint! These berries come from practically our backyard.
- They taste like the delicious berries your grandparents used to eat.
Order your berries here for delivery May 21st.