Lily Schmall and Maddie Clements, New Roots, Inc.
ITALIAN OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms cleaned, ends trimmed
- 12 oz baby potatoes, scrubbed (Or cut potatoes in halves or cubes depending on size. You want them to be small)
- 12 oz Campari tomatoes, grape or cherry tomatoes will work also
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-12 large garlic cloves peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the mushrooms, veggies, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil (about ¼ cup olive oil or so). Add the dried oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Take the potatoes only and spread them on a lightly-oiled baking pan. Roast in the heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, and then add the mushrooms and remaining vegetables. Return to the oven to roast for another 20 minutes or until the veggies are fork-tender (some charring is good!)
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
TASSILIS RAW SPICY KALE SALAD WRAP
- 1 head of Kale roughly chopped
- ½ cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Large Avocado diced
- ½ cup EVOO
- 1 cup Dried Sun Tomatoes reserve ¼ cup for later use
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper or more if you like it extra spicy
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Tortillas
- To create sauce in a blender or bullet mixer add olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, juice of lemon, garlic, ¾ cup of sun dried tomatoes, avocado and nutritional yeast
- In a large bowl combined dried kale, onions, reserved ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, avocados, cayenne and nutritional yeast.
- Add sauce and massage mixture with hands to help soften kale leaves. You can add another ½ teaspoon of cayenne, if you like it really spicy.
- Blend sauce until smooth set aside
Preparing wrap or salad
- Can eat as a salad or wrap in vegan gluten free pita wrap or nori seaweed sheet
BUTTERNUT SQUASH DESSERT SMOOTHIE
- 1.5 cups butternut squash – roasted, raw, frozen, or pureed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Pinch sea salt
Blend all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until smooth.
Add more water as needed. Enjoy!