Hannah Heitz, Gendler Grapevine Fresh Stop Market Shareholder
· 1 bunch small to medium radishes
· 5-7 small to medium Hakurei Salad Turnips
· 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp onion powder
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 3 tbsp soy sauce (can substitute liquid aminos if gluten free)
· 1 tbsp miso paste
· Optional: 1 tsp agave nectar or sweetener of choice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Immerse radish and salad turnips in water and shake to remove sand. Rinse well and pat dry.
3. Combine oil, spices, soy sauce, miso paste, and agave in a small bowl. Stir until well mixed.
4. Cut greens from the roots. Set greens aside (great sautéed with garlic and olive oil). Halve radishes and turnips (quarter larger ones). Arrange radishes and turnips on a greased baking sheet (or 2), and drizzle with soy miso sauce. Roast 20 – 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the vegetables are tender.
5. Enjoy as a side dish, salad topping, or addition to stir fry.
Notes: You can use either radishes or turnips, or both, in this recipe.