This recipe has been adopted from https://thedefineddish.com/cajun-oven-roasted-okra-fries-with-lemon-garlic-aioli/
COOK TIME: 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
FOR THE OKRA
- 15 ounces fresh okra, remove the tops and slice lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE AIOLI
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or Whole30 Compliant Mayo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about the juice of one lemon)
- black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place sliced okra in a bowl. Combine the okra, avocado oil, cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and kosher salt. Toss to coat.
- On a baking sheet topped with a wire rack, place the okra in rows (do not overcrowd or overlap, otherwise the okra will not crisp). Roast for for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a food processor, combine the mayo, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper and kosher salt. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh paprika. Enjoy!