We are looking for an Operations Coordinator Superhero! Please send us your resume!
Operations Director Job Description
Superhero squad at New Roots seeks super friend to round out team fighting for food justice in Kentuckiana and beyond. New Roots mission is to ignite community power for fresh food access through our award-winning and much-loved, community-driven Fresh Stop Markets.
The ideal candidate’s super powers include utilizing your laser vision to check lists to make sure all our precious materials get to the Fresh Stop Markets, putting your rigorous physical training to use to load up the Beet Mobile truck and drive at safe speeds around town, and making sure the truck stays happy and healthy, all with the end goal of making our Fresh Stop Markets a huge success in 2019!
Join one of the region’s leading non-profit organizations working to unite communities to spread food justice across the Universe. New Roots (based in the Portland Neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky) seeks a motivated individual to help run the seasonal operations of the Fresh Stop Markets in our Louisville area.
We seek someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and extremely gratifying work environment. Individual must be able to lift 25 lbs. or more, and drive a box truck on highways and back streets around the city and back and forth to Crestwood, Kentucky.
Desired Skills and Experience –
The ideal candidate shows initiative, is curious, has the passion to continually improve our processes, has a can-do spirit, positive attitude, willingness to become vegetable obsessed, and can work with minimal supervision.
Other qualifications include:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent. Some college experience or a college degree is a plus
- Experience working with volunteer leaders to get stuff done
- A good sense of design, i.e., how to load and unload all our precious New Roots equipment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift and carry bulky loads and to perform frequent walking, bending, stooping etc…
- Good mechanical skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a very fluid environment
- Transport materials to the market site: tables, tents, chairs, etc.
- Work with leaders to set up facilities for the market; this includes display tables for vegetables, proper signage, kitchen supplies for chef’s demos, etc.
- Assist farmers with vegetable delivery and un-loading
- Take down and pack up the market; make sure materials are clean and ready to go for the next round of markets, and store all materials either on site or on the truck
- Maintain Fresh Stop Market material inventory (bags, containers, tablecloths, etc.)
- Troubleshoot any set up issues on the spot; react quickly and find immediate solutions
- Assist with other projects as needed
Hourly team member for now, with opportunity to advance way beyond this galaxy as we grow! Wages are $15/hour.
Approximately 20 hours / week starting mid-May and going through end of October. Needs to be available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Week 1, starting 6/4) and Wednesday and Thursday (Week 2 starting 6/12), 1:30-7:30 PM. We can work out other hours on a flexible schedule.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. We encourage all qualified people to apply.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION please e-mail your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates deemed most qualified and appropriately fit for the position will be contacted to interview.
New Roots Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other Positions for 2019: One new VISTA AmeriCorps Members! This is our third year of a two-year cycle. Thank you to TASK VISTA in northern Kentucky for this amazing opportunity. Stay tuned for more information coming in mid-March.
New Roots is also partnering with the Mayor’s SummerWorks Program to hire two paid interns for 2019. You must be between 17-21 years old by June 10th. The positions run from June 10th to July 26th, 30 hours a week, $8.25/hour. Please click here to go to the SummerWorks site to sign up. Please call 502-509-6770 Ext. 703 for more information.